The blog has been moved. The one at this address will no longer be updated.

Please update your bookmarks

» this way to the new blog «

Friday, October 21, 2005

<< Home

Waiting for the *big man*

In a past I regret I used to use Microsoft technology (ASP pages and Access databases... bleah) for a web portal, and I joined a big italian ASP community, writing lots of posts on its forum, and helping people who had troubles with this technology. Since I was one of the most active people there, a Microsoft MVP entered me in his list of ``M$ friends''. Last week this guy sent me an invitation to a convention held in a tech fair, with Bill Gates as special guest . The convention is on sunday 23rd. I had an appointment already scheduled with my friends, so I asked another friend of mine if he wanted to go for me. He accepted. So yesterday I called the call center to book his seat.
Call center girl: ``Hello, this is Micro$oft reservation center, how can I help you?''
I: ``Good morning, my name's ****** *****, I got this invitation for the convention on sunday...''
C: ``Yeeeeeeeeessssss??''
I: ``... but unfortunately I have already another business to manage, so I thought I could send my colleague.. is it possible?''
C: ``Sure, of course, please give me his name, phone number and email address''
I: ``Yeah, he's ****** *******, his phone number and mail address are ********* and **********''
C: ``Ok, what society are you working for?''
I: ``Well... actually we're trying to start our own business.. but I got this invitation from ********** ******''
C: ``Ok, perfect, he will receive a mail for confirmation.''
I: ``Ok, thank you. Bye.''
C: ``Bye''

I would have liked to go, at least to listen to this *big man* talking about his bullshits and the future he's planning for us. So I decided to ask my friends to move our meeting to another day, so i could have gone to the convention. Then today I called the call center again.
Call center girl: ``Hello, this is Micro$oft reservation center, how can I help you?''
I: ``Good morning, I received an invitation for the convention on sunday...''
C: ``Yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss??''
I: (thinking) ``Gee, do they all answer the same way???''
I: ``Well, I called yesterday to say I could not go and asking if a colleague of mine could have gone because I had other businesses scheduled... but I managed to move them so I was wondering if I may still go to the convention with my colleague...''
C: ``Yes, sure, what's your name?''
I: ``I'm ****** *****, I got the invitation from ********** ******''
C: ``Yes, what society are you working for?''
I: ``Hum... I belong to the ********* community, at the moment I'm starting an activity with this friend of mine''
C: ``Ok, what's your colleague's name?''
I: ``He's ****** *******''
C: (looking at the list) ``Oh yeah, here he is. I'll send you a mail by today with the confirmation''
I: ``Good! Thank you very much!''
C: ``Thank you. Bye''
I: ``Bye''

Both I and my friend received the confirmation, so we'll be going to this convention to listen to this *big smart guy*. I'm really curious to hear him.

//TODO: print some GNU/Linux promo flyers to deliver at the convention :)

0 terrible lies

Does this blog need a title?

Linux inside