The blog has been moved. The one at this address will no longer be updated.

Please update your bookmarks

» this way to the new blog «

Friday, October 07, 2005

<< Home

Home sweet home

Back home, my family and friends welcomed me very warmly, anxious to know what I did during these months, asking me if I'm happy to be back. I am, even though it's yet another big change in my life style. Now I live again with my parents, despite the fact I have a bigger and nicer house, I have to deal with them. I don't have the freedom I had before. I mean, I'm not in prison, of course not, but when I was living alone I had my times and my space. I could get home whenever I wanted, have dinner also at 11pm without having to let anybody know about it.

I didn't have to use the car, since everything was very close: I could get to the office in 3 minutes walk and be in city centre in 15. That was good! No deals with parking spaces, no deals with gas stations and no deals with police officers for a couple of beers more. Well, I've never had such a problem in Italy either.

I'm going out every night, to meet friends I didn't see for long time, to talk about everything, no matter what, just to stay together and have fun like it was before I left. Interrupted speechs resumed, good old laughs, what makes us friends! That's what we do.
Tonight I went out with three friends of mine, snowboard maniacs. I remember when I was like them a few years ago, now it seems like I lost interest in it.
``We'll get you the passion again!''

Is it just because I don't even remember the color of the snow? Yeah, it's been long time ago last time I went snowboarding, and probably I cannot enjoy it too much since I broke my left thumb two years ago. I was in Stubai, Austria, for a 3-days snowboard camp with the guys from the website I was working for (www.freestyler.it). Second day, in the morning I got a Nitro Shogun to test, quite a tough board, not too flexible. I wanted to try it. I went downhill, I was going probably too fast, I was taking a turn and hit a bump.I fell down. I don't know what happened, I just know I felt a sharp pain in my left hand. Removed the glove, and the hand was very swollen and was swelling more and more. I immediately put snow on it, wrapping it with my bandana.

Wow!! That was big!! My girlfriend thought it was broken, and we should have gone immediately to the emergency room. I'm always reluctant in going to doctors, but that time I acknowledged it was better going! Luckily, Abba gave me his car, so my girlfriend drove me to Innsbruck, to the ER. X-rays and then the doctor said
``It's a bad fracture!''

Oh shit!! What a nice way to screw up a snowboarding camp, I was waiting for it for ages!
They tried to set the thumb as best as possible, then put a cast on it. Once back in Modena I got an operation to fix it. After a couple of months it was ok... well, almost.

The next winter I went snowboarding again, but it was not like before: I was always afraid to fall down and to break it again. I still haven't overcome it, that's probably the reason why I'm not really looking forward for the winter. Well, actually some time ago I was watching POP, an Absinthe snowboard video, and I was basically drooling in front of my computer! I wanted to be there!! My passion is still there, I just need a trigger to reactivate it!!

0 terrible lies

Does this blog need a title?

Linux inside