The blog has been moved. The one at this address will no longer be updated.

Please update your bookmarks

» this way to the new blog «

Monday, September 19, 2005

<< Home

Shoulder allright... almost

Three weeks ago I dislocated my left shoulder while I was playing ultimate. I got it fixed at the emergency room at the hospital here in , and was sent to Merlin Park hospital the next day to the physiotherapy unit where the doctor gave me a sling to wear till next check, in three weeks time. He also said don't move it, but actually how could I cook, wash, work... whatever, with only one hand? And also how could I keep myself away from the disc? No way, after having been to one of our usual matches as a spectator, I decided I couldn't not play: so I did! I started playing next thursday with the sling on, and actually I was still able to perform good throws and catches, even though I could not jump as high or run as fast as I could with two arms free. But yesterday I felt brave, and I played without the sling, managing to jump higher and run faster (I remember an awesome catch jumping over Alan, he and Aidan could not believe it ^_^), but still using only my right hand to catch the disc, and trying not to move too much my left arm.

Today I went to the hospital for checking the shoulder. The doctor didn't even touch it nor take x-rays of it. He was wondering where my sling was, I just told him I wore it for three weeks then I took it off. I didn't tell him about my ultimate matches still going on. He taught me how to move my arm, in order to avoid the shoulder to get stiff, swinging it like a pendulum. I think I can do better, for example keep on playing for my last two weeks here. I might need a physiotherapist in Italy, I know one, don't know if he's good ;)

0 terrible lies

Does this blog need a title?

Linux inside