The blog has been moved. The one at this address will no longer be updated.

Please update your bookmarks

» this way to the new blog «

Friday, October 07, 2005

<< Home

Do not say that name!

My desktop computer needs a new hard drive and some fixes. So yesterday I bought a 200 gigs PATA hd (since my mother board doesn't support SATAs) to use as storage device, while using the 80 GB hd already mounted on the machine to install the operating systems.

The Micro$oft win2k ``operating system'' that's currently installed has a few problems.. of course, a M$ system cannot last for more than a few months without slowing down or introducing some errors. I already know, I'm used to it. Why would I need windoz?? Oh, right, just because of some videogames and because my sister doesn't want to use Linux.

I'm ready to reinstall the system. Data saved on the 200GB hd, (50 gigs for 2 NTFS partitions and the rest in ext3), 80GB hard drive repartitioned (1 NTFS partition, 1 FAT32 and 6 ext3, ready for Gentoo). I'm going through win2k installation, and I'm getting really pissed off! Now the system is up, but it's empty, the graphics sucks and the mother board is not fully recognized. Ok, one step at a time:
  1. install service pack 4

  2. reboot required

  3. install blaster patch

  4. reboot required

  5. install mother board drivers (nForce)

  6. reboot required

  7. reboot required... WHAT??? YET ANOTHER ONE???? Oh my God, this is just insane!!!

  8. download and install Mozilla Firefox in order to have a REAL web browser

  9. download and install ATI catalyst drivers, to have a decent resolution and rendering

  10. reboot required... NO MORE WORDS

Please retain from saying ``Microsoft'' when talking to me...

0 terrible lies

Does this blog need a title?

Linux inside