The blog has been moved. The one at this address will no longer be updated.

Please update your bookmarks

» this way to the new blog «

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

<< Home

All Hell can't stop us now!

This is what Zack de la Rocha of R.A.T.M. was singing in `Guerrilla Radio'. I just put the CD in my stereo, raising the volume as much as possible till I don't get kicked outside by my parents. I've been a Rage Against The Machine fan since 1996, when I listened for the first time in my life their S/T album (1992), and I realized that I had lost 4 years without that energy in my ears! Then I got `Evil Empire' (1996), `The battle of Los Angeles' (1999) and a couple of singles (`The ghost of Tom Joad' single+video 1997, `Guerrilla Radio' 1999). Hail to all of them!! I would have given ANYTHING to see them live... and finally I did!!

18 february 2000, The Battle Of Milan, this is what they called their show. The building was crowded with more than 10'000 people, the four guys from L.A. on the stage while the people were screaming and singing with them. I managed to get in the first line in front of the band and I could see Zack singing with the same powerful voice I heard in the CD, and Morello playing the guitar like only he can do!

Sisters with shotguns


So they were singing `All hell can't stop us now'. I don't know what, but something actually stopped them. 2000 was the last year for R.A.T.M., when Zack de la Rocha decided to leave the band for some `disagreements' with the rest of the band. They got Chris Cornell from Soundgarden and founded Audioslave. But this is another story... I don't know actually why I started writing all these bullshits... I just wanted to say `do NOT let you RATM CDs get dusty' ;)

Guilty parties:
Zack de la Rocha (vocals)
Tom Morello (guitars)
Brad Wilk (drums)
Tim Commerford (bass)

Links:
R.A.T.M. official web site
R.A.T.M. lyrics

0 terrible lies

Does this blog need a title?

Linux inside